Monday, February 9, 2009

A NOTE TO MY READERS

*
Recently a number of you received an e-mail from a man who feels I am about to write some piece accusing him of fraud. First of all, he is wrong. I am by no stretch of the imagination a legal mind and am not equipped to determine if someone is or is not guilty of fraud. That is for others, like law enforcement agencies and the courts to decide.

The issue at hand is, in part, the legitimacy of degrees issued by Greenwich University, a non-accredited university that was in California and Hawaii in the 1990s before moving to Norfolk Island off the mainland of Australia. To my knowledge degrees issued by Greenwich are, justly or unjustly, not recognized by any accrediting agency in the United States. To my knowledge, degrees issued by Greenwich University were never recognized as valid on the Australian mainland.

Greenwich, fairly or not, is listed on numerous diploma mill lists as well as lists of non-accredited schools here in the United States and around the world.

Having said this, the question is this; is it appropriate for someone who has GU degrees to present themselves as having degrees here in the United States? I leave that for others to decide.

While I will not name this man in this post, I have written to him and offered to publish the e-mail he wrote to many of you in this blog.

I have not heard back from him but he did say in his well-written e-mail that he would be happy to address any questions folks might have about the content of his e-mail, so he only has to say they word and I would be more than happy to post the text of his e-mail here. That, of course, is up to him.

I applaud him for having the integrity to acknowledge that both his masters and doctorate were issued by Greenwich University and standing by them.
__________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment